Don't get to excited though, the show did follow the same format and storyline only this week a little more along the lines of gay as apposed to Ryan (Wood) chasing his next door neighbour Fiona (Gubelmann) who didn't even make an appearance in this episode that I remember. Joining in the fun this week was Spencer (Ethan Suplee, My Name Is Earl, The Butterfly Effect), he was playing Ryan's neighbour who is a bit troublesome always trying to rub people up the wrong way, kind of the neighbourhood Hoodlum you would say. He was getting the blame for spray painting Mr and Mrs Patel's statue in their back yard, a accusation he strongly denied and rightly so, any guesses who did actually do it?
Wilfred acted pretty much as you would expect him to, smoking pot from home made bongs, swearing a lot, being generally offensive but ultimately very funny, the way he portrays the instincts and stupid behaviour of a dog are great, then all of a sudden he switches back to the Human all the audience and Ryan see.
One joke though, I'm not so sure he would get away with this had he not been dressed in a dog costume, and please be sure these were the words from the show and NOT MINE, if any offence is caused it really isn't on my part I am merely repeating what was said. BLAME actor James Gann if you are offended. The joke was just at the point when Mr and Mrs Patel found there statue spray painted, Wilfred was in their garden making Mrs Patel nervous. Ryan told him not to bite her to which he replied, I won't bite her last time I had Indian I was bad for a week. A little racist in my opinion and like I say I'm really surprised they got away with that, and again they are not my words, I'm mentioning it as a talking point only.
Moving on swiftly, the point where Spencer was shining his laser pen on the ground and Wilfred was chasing it around the floor, Ryan, Ryan make it stop why can't I catch it. Very funny, I know childish but my parents dog is the same and chases the torch light around the living room carpet, you gotta laugh.
Those were by far the funniest moments of the show last night, I really can't think of anymore. There were of course other laughs just not quite as notable, maybe when Wilfred was getting took away to the pound that was funny.
Like I say nothing to different this week from what we saw in the first two shows, am I a big fan yet? No, I think I need some more convincing and with a the TV schedule getting a little better going into September Wilfred may just struggle to keep my interest, but hey I'll Keep you posted.



0 comments:
Post a Comment